Use our email template to invite your Members of Congress to attend this important event. An email from constituents has an impact on elected officials! (read more)
Also, be sure to get the word out on Facebook and Twitter!
Remember you have two Senators and one Representative, so you will be making three separate invitations.
Inviting Your Representative in the House
“Highlight and Copy” the invitation below. It will be pasted into the email form “Comment Box” of your Representative.
- Click on this link http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ to find the name of your Representative .
- Go to your Representative’s homepage, and click on the link that says “E-Mail Me” or “Contact Me”.
- Enter your Zip Code.
- Fill in your contact information.
- In the “Comment Box” paste the invitation, and then SEND.
Inviting Your Senators
Follow the same steps as above. To find your 2 Senators click on this link http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm .
- Enter your State in the box.
- Click on the “contact link” (below the Senator’s address) to go to the Senator’s email page.
- Fill in your info and paste the invitation.
- Repeat these steps for your second Senator.
You may send an invitation more than once. Suggestion: send now and again the week before the event.
Here’s the invitation to be copied and pasted for your Representative and Senators:
I am writing to invite you to attend “Washington – A Man of Prayer – 2016” on Wednesday evening, April 27, 2016 6:30 -8:30pm, in Statuary Hall.
Members of Congress and Christian leaders will be commemorating the 227th anniversary of President George Washington’s inauguration and will honor our first president as a man of faith. Prayers will be offered for our President and his Cabinet, the Supreme Court and its Justices, the members of Congress, and our great nation. This year the Honorary Hosts are Representative Randy Forbes and Senator James Lankford.
As one of your constituents, I am requesting your presence at this non-partisan event for members of Congress. It will be broadcast via satellite and webcast to homes and churches across America.
Thank you for honoring our first President and following his example by offering a prayer to God on America’s behalf.
If voting is taking place that evening you may vote and return.
Thank you for your service to our great country. It is appreciated.